Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Close your eyes- we'll get there quicker!

When Tiya and Devyn were toddlers they used to associate the freeway with being in the car for a long time. As soon they would see that we were getting on the freeway they would ask if we could take the regular roads because the "freeways take too long." I always told them that if they close their eyes and go to sleep we will get there quicker. I tell Mckenna the same thing.

On Sunday, driving back from my Dads, I hear Mckenna from the back seat saying, "Devyn close your eyes." Devyn is sitting in the front passenger seat next to me oblivious to everything because he was listening to his ipod. I'm wondering to myself why Mckenna is asking Devyn to close his eyes.

A moment later I hear Mckenna ask Tiya, "If Devyn closes his eyes will we get home faster?"

Apparently Mckenna wanted to get home quicker but wasn't tired enough to close her own eyes and go to sleep. Tiya and I were laughing so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home